Monday, December 27, 2010

State of Mind

Hello to you all out there! I am slowly making my way back to Earth now that Christmas is over. While I did spend the day at home with the family it was simply because my entire family was sick with the flu. I started to feel a bit sorry for myself as I was siting alone in front of the tree Christmas night. My husband was laid up in bed after starting the second round of...well...getting sick and I was left to sit alone with out so much as a glass of wine to drown my sorrows (not for lack of wine but because my stomach just couldn't handle it). I thought about the day. We missed Christmas with both our parents, mine being the first without my Mom in 34 years, and I was sad. I thought how I would have to wait another whole year before the opportunity came to try again...and then it hit me. HARD.

This was a beautiful day.

I had the first Christmas ever with just my little family of 4. Relaxing. Playing. Opening the presents we are so blessed to be able to give to our children. Sitting in our jammies in our overly warm home not feeling a touch of chill from the cold outside. Knowing my Mom was just 10 minutes away, not a plane ride. And while we would not be seeing her on the actual day we would be seeing her 2 days later at our convenience, to open more presents, in her warm home without a touch of chill from the cold outside. Christmas was wonderful. What seemed to me to be "sub par" at the time was still more than some people can hope for in a given year.

We are incredibly lucky to have both sets of parents (Craig's and mine) living literally a few miles form us in either direction of our driveway. In fact, we get to celebrate two more Christmases in the next couple days! WOW! How great is that!? While I would not like to relive the moments of sickness I would love to go back for a moment and change the state of mind I let myself fall into. Instead I would relish the quite time with my children and husband, the alone time I was able to have on the most precious day of Jesus' birth and appreciate all that He has given my family and I.



My wishes for a wonderful Monday!
Sincerely,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment